Apply to host a Professional Fellow in your center or program for four weeks to teach about best practices in inclusive education in the U.S. Hosts also have the opportunity to apply for funding and support to travel to their Fellow’s home country to assist the Fellow in implementing an inclusive education project or initiative. The goal is to improve educational access and opportunities for persons with disabilities in Brazil, Kenya, Peru, and Tanzania.
You are eligible to apply to be a host if you:
- Are an organization based in the United States;
- Have inclusive education projects or programs in which a Fellow would be involved (such as policy development, teacher preparation, school administration, etc.);
- Have a physical work site and activities for an international Fellow to work in for 4 weeks between April 29– May 27, 2017, or October 14-November 12, 2017;
- Can identify local relevant community service opportunities and cultural events for a Fellow to participate in;
- Can identify a supervisor for a Fellow while he or she is working on site;
- Can arrange for a local homestay and local transportation for a Fellow; and
- Are interested in applying for the outbound portion of this program, to travel to the Fellow’s home country to help implement his or her project (expenses paid).
The application consists of 12 questions addressing the eligibility criteria above.
You do not need to complete your online application all at once. There is a section that says “save and continue later” on the top of a page. If you click it (save and continue later), you will be able to save your answers as many as you need and to complete your application form later when you get a chance.