This page provides useful information as well as resources that you can use to seek any assistance from officials in their home countries.

During your stay in the United States, you may need to communicate with officials from your home country. Brazil, Peru, Kenya and Tanzania all have embassies in Washington D.C. and consulates across the United States that provide services for their citizens.

Brazil:           flag_of_brazil_3-2-svg

Peru:             flag_of_peru_state-svg

Kenya:         flag_of_kenya-svg

Tanzania:   flag_of_tanzania-svg

J-1 Visa

In order to apply for the ADA International Fellowship Program, you must be eligible for a J-1 visa. To learn more about whether you are eligible for a visa and how to obtain one, please see the J-1 Visa Exchange Visitor Program page on the U.S. Department of State website.

Health Information

 The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides public information about health problems and diseases in the United States and other countries, as well as links to local health departments. Their travel website also offers health advice to travelers that Fellows may find interesting and useful before coming to the U.S.


 Should you find yourself in an emergency situation in the United States, the universal phone number to dial for assistance in the United States is 911. This provides help in medical and safety-related emergencies, but cannot be used for any other purpose.